- In the mermaid-obsessed sea town of Bristol Cove, everyone’s lives will change when actual mermaids come ashore, causing sides to be taken, loyalties to be tested and a war between man and mermaid to begin.
- Alex Roe as Ben
- Eline Powell as Ryn
- Fola Evans-Akingbola as Maddie
- Ian Verdun as Xander
- Rena Owen as Helen
Press Release Edit
FREEFORM ANNOUNCES NEW ONE-HOUR DRAMA “SIREN” (FKA “THE DEEP”) HAS BEEN GIVEN A 10-EPISODE SERIES ORDER – Premieres Summer 2018 “Siren” takes us inside Bristol Cove—a coastal town known for its legend of once being home to mermaids. When the arrival of a mysterious girl proves this folklore all too true, the battle between man and sea takes a very vicious turn as these predatory beings return to reclaim their right to the ocean. The series stars Alex Roe (“The 5th Wave”) as Ben, a bright marine biologist who finds himself drawn to Ryn, a mysterious new girl in town played by Eline Powell (“Game of Thrones”), who is a strange young woman with a deep dark secret. Fola Evans-Akingbola (“An American Exorcism”) stars as Maddie, also a marine biologist who works with Ben, and is highly suspicious of Ryn. Ian Verdun (“Life’s a Drag”) stars as Xander, a deep sea fisherman on a quest to uncover the truth; and Rena Owen (“Star Wars” Episodes II and III) as Helen, the town eccentric who seems to know more about the mermaids than she lets on.
Based on a story by Eric Wald and Dean White who both serve as executive producers. Emily Whitesell (“Finding Carter”) is on board as showrunner and executive producer. Brad Luff, Nate Hopper and RD Robb are also attached as executive producers.
Production Notes Edit
- On July 25, 2016, it had officially been announced that a drama pilot, under the title, The Deep, was ordered.
- On October 6, 2016, Freeform announced that production began for the show's Pilot, as well as setting the cast for the show.
- On April 19, 2017, Freeform greenlit it's mermaid drama pilot The Deep to a 10-episode series, which they titled Siren at the network’s upfront presentation in New York. Emily Whitesell was later announced as the showrunner and main executive producer.
- Siren officially began production on July 26, 2017 in Vancouver, Canada.
- Siren official began filming on August 4, 2017  and will continue filming until November 22, 2017.
- ↑ Disney ABC Press—"Breaking News From Freeform's 2017 Upfront Presentation" (April 19, 2017)
- ↑ Deadline—"'The Deep' Mermaid Thriller Drama Picked Up To Pilot By Freeform" (July 25, 2016)
- ↑ TV Series Final—"The Deep: Alex Roe to Star; Production Begins on Freeform Pilot" (October 6, 2016)
- ↑ Deadline—"Freeform Picks Up Mermaid Drama ‘Siren’ & ‘Hollywood Movie Night’ To Series, Orders Animated Pilot ‘Sticks’ – Upfront" (April 19, 2017)
- ↑ Freeform Press—"Freeform's Siren Dives Into Production" (July 26, 2017)
- ↑ Rena Owen (@TheRealRenaOwen)—Twitter Confirmation (August 4, 2017)
- ↑ What's Filming—"Siren Season 1 Starts Filming in Vancouver" (August 2, 2017)